7th Annual West Coast College Open
Date: November 2-4
Format: 4 player team Match Play
For more questions contact: Sam at Sbalenhorst@csumb.edu
2012 National Championship
Date: April 13-16
Location: North Augusta, SC
We placed 7th overall (our best ever!) and qualified for the 2013 tournament. Brandon White was named All-American for the second year in a row after coming in 6th place overall. We also won the individual and team putting championship. Second year in a row for the individual, Scott Heinz and Sam Balenhorst tied for first place.
2012 Student, Staff, Faculty and Alumni Otter Open
Date: March 3rd Time: 12pm
Location: Meet At Hole 2 on the front of Cypress (right in front of the BBC)
Check out "course maps"on the toolbar for a map of the cypress course.
See you out there!
2012 Otter Open Results
The 2012 Otter Open was a success! Thanks to all the sponsors who supported our club, we appreciate it. Congratulations to this years Mens Pro Open Champion David Feldberg.
For complete results visit:
2011 West College Open
- New Dates: November 11th-13th, 2011
Disc Golf Club members check out the new scoring website:
- 2011 Pro Disc Golf World Championships
- August 7-14th (competition at CSUMB goes from Tuesday, August 9, to Friday, August 12)
- MORE INFO: 2011proworlds.com
- Location: Santa Cruz and Monterey counties
- Map: Oaks Course at CSUMB
- Parking: From now until Tuesday, August 9, please follow the signs to park in lot 508 on Divarty, near the Library (map). For the competition, follow the signs to park in lot 23 off Divarty and Engineer Lane (map).
- Donations: Many thanks to Tom Schott, Marty Hapner, Monterey Stinging Jellies Disc Golf Club and the DeLaveaga Disc Golf Club for their support of our captial campaign to build concrete tee pads!
- 2011 National Collegiate Disc Golf Championships
- Location: Augusta, Georgia
- April 14-17, 2011
- MORE INFO: ncdgc.com
- FOLLOW US: Twitter, Facebook, DiscGolfPlanet.tv (live coverage)
RESULTS: Team scores, Individual scores
- Day 1: CSUMB tied for 6th, with an ace by Danny Messina on 18 (Treasure Isle)
- Day 2: CSUMB tied for 13th on a tough windy day
- Day 3: Brandon White finishes individual medal play tied for 10th! He makes the All-American team! Team moves to 11th place overall.
- Day 4: CSUMB finishes team play in 10th, one of three West Coast teams (Oregon #1, San Diego State #5).
- Full wrap-up of our tournament.
We meet every Sunday at 1 p.m. on the Cypress Course, in front of the Black Box Cabaret.
- President: Sam Bahlenhorst
- Vice-President: Hyuma Ohkawa
- Captains: Patrick Somers
- ICC Representative: Matt DyRyk
- Treasurer: Sam Bahlenhorst
- Secretary: Henry Ebinger
- Club Advisor: Greg Pool
- Instructor and Coach: Merle Witvoet
Join the Campus Conversation
We are the only university on the West Coast to have not one but two 18-hole basket courses on its physical campus.
Our courses are free and available for anyone to play, year round.
Each year we host two major tournaments and hold weekly intramurals, and in August 2011 we will host one of the four courses for the Pro Disc Golf World Championships!
Our courses were first designed by both the inventor of the modern Frisbee and the sport of disc golf, "Steady" Ed Headricks.
Our disc golf class was designed and taught by local psychiatrist and International Frisbee Hall-of-Famer, Dr. Stancil Johnson.
Our 2010 national team finished tied for 11th in the National Collegiate Disc Golf Championships in Augusta, Georgia, last April, earning an automatic bid for next year's tournament.
The 2011 Pro Worlds chose Oaks as one of their championship courses.